A note from Nick Tidd, Vice President of the Global Partner Organization at Poly
Poly is proud to introduce its reimagined partner program that combines the award-winning Polycom and Plantronics programs into one comprehensive and convenient model that is accessible for partners at all levels.
Poly strives to be the solution of choice wherever collaboration clouds reach people — delivering a breadth of smart solutions that help partners capitalize on the many ways people communicate and collaborate today.
Our new program unifies more than 15,000 partners, big and small and shifts the evaluation of partner levels from a focus on revenue to an emphasis on involvement with Poly to support innovation and mutual growth. The model is built around three categories:
- Capabilities – ensuring a deep knowledge base through training and enablement.
- Commitment – a demonstrated focus and investment in Poly.
- Contribution – which expands beyond just revenue and provides opportunities for bonuses for our partners. Additional benefits include a single instance of deal registration, performance dashboards, and a real-time scorecard to make it easier to track partner standing.
Poly’s Partner-centric Design
The question that drove the design of our new global program was, “why partner with Poly”? From there, we plucked the best parts of our legacy programs to develop our new unified program. We took these combined insights and best practices and created our new cutting-edge portal that adds tremendous value to the businesses of those partnered with Poly.
The new global portal features easy, real-time access to assets, training, tools and content that partners need to successfully go to market.
A few key features of the new Poly partner portal include:
- An interactive and collaborative space where our partners can easily connect to Poly for support with technical questions, sales, marketing.
- A comprehensive library of marketing assets and co-brandable templates.
- Access to Poly University which provides a robust curriculum by specialty to help partners satisfy certification and specialization requirements as well as elective learning. Our certification program provides individual sales and pre-sales training in various product and service categories.
- Sales tools which offer customer testimonials, videos, promotions and a demo discount program to help drive business.
What the market thinks
“Poly’s new partner program offers new tools, business opportunities and a refreshing business mindset for the Polycom and Plantronics partners,” said Ira M. Weinstein, founder and managing partner at analyst firm Recon Research. “Many vendor channel programs focus on revenue only, which naturally favors large players over small ones. This new program levels the playing field by rewarding partners for investments they make in working with Poly, not just the number of devices they sell. Poly’s new partner portal and related support tools will help partners stay up-to-date and differentiate themselves in this fast-paced market.”
For questions related to the new partner program or portal: