With the New Year comes a host of new tech products, many of them on display at next week’s Consumer Electronics Shows. If you’ve never been to CES, it’s like going to Disneyland for those who love tech gadgets and toys (count me in). Expect to hear a lot of news from the show about new tablets and smartphones, Ultra High Definition (UltraHD) television and wearable technology, an area were Plantronics has been pioneering technology.
Plantronics is particularly proud to take our place among the newest products recognized this year for innovation in the annual International CES Innovations Design and Engineering Awards sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
The Plantronics BackBeat® GO 2 Bluetooth wireless stereo earbuds and charging case was awarded the Best of Innovations in the Headphones category, representing the very best technology and design of that group. The Voyager Legend® CS , an enterprise office and mobile Bluetooth headset system, placed as an Honoree in the Wireless Handset Accessories category.
These honors mark Plantronics’ sixth consecutive year of recognition from CEA. CES Innovations winners are selected by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Why the product deserves the Innovations award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place
If you plan to be at CES, stop by our booth at LVCC, South Hall 3 – 31117. And here’s my best non tech advice – wear comfortable shoes. Walking the CES show floor is a great workout after indulging over the holidays.